Cheesy Spinach Lasagna

Lasagna is one of my favorite meals to cook because you can put anything you want in it and just cover it with any favorite cheese. So, Friday afternoon after work I made a cheesy spinach lasagna with added tomatoes and cheddar and mozzarella cheese. It was delicious!!! All I had to do was prepare the ingredients and just pop it in the oven and wait for it to get bubbly and cheesy.


Ingredients:
1 can tomato sauce
Bag of Spinach Leaves, rinse & drained
Sliced Tomatoes
1 tbs. honey
Sharp & Mild Cheddar Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
Italian season
Tofu
Box of Lasagna noodles
Salt to taste

Preheat oven to 350. While the oven is preheating you want to boil the lasagna noodles for about 8 minutes. I like my noodles to still have that firm texture to it. Combine the tomato sauce, salt, honey and the italian season ( I just follow the instructions on the back of the italian season bottle for the sauce). Add some sauce to the bottom of your lasagna pan and lay the lasagna noodles on the bottom of the baking dish.

Now its time to add a little character to the lasagna. Start adding the spinach, crumble tofu (you can use ricotta cheese instead...my husband hates it so I used tofu....pretty good substitution, slice tomatoes, and cheese. Repeat layering until you reach the top of the baking dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 mins. Uncover lasagna and bake until top surface is brown. Cool and serve!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts