Coconut Macaroons

Since my husband started his Phase 1 diet, I had to get very creative with my cooking. The diet does not allow him to have his favorite sweets or desserts. So I had to think of something that he could eat that would satisfy his sweet tooth craving. I got this great coconut macaroon recipe from organic and thrifty. Thanks for the recipe post my husband is enjoying his bit size snacks of homemade goodness.

Ingredients:
4 large eggs
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/3 cup Honey
1/4 tsp. Stevia, optional
1 1/2tsp. Vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups Finely shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Beat egg whites with electric mixer at highest speed until frothy. Add cream of tartar and blend until stiff. Slowly beat in the honey, stevia, and vanilla. If you don't like the taste of stevia you can substitute it with honey. Fold in coconut until well blended. Drop a tablespoon of dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 18 minutes until macaroons are brown.
Cool & Eat!!!

Links to this Post:

Comments

Popular Posts