Pan Fried Tofu with Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce

Ok, guys I am also a big fan of tofu. So when I opened my fridge I could not figure out what to do with this leftover tofu. I heard about frying tofu but never had a chance to try it. I also had some leftover peppers that needed to be cook. So, I came up with this bright idea!!! Pan Fried Tofu with a spicy mustard sauce top with sauté peppers and red onions. The taste was amazing!!! The mustard sauce and sauté peppers and red onions added a sweet and spicy flavor to the crunchy tofu.

Ingredients:
Tofu cubes
Red bell pepper, sliced
Yellow bell pepper, sliced
Red Onion, sliced
1 tbsp. Spicy ground mustard powder
1 tsp. Honey
2 tbsp. Vegenaise or Mayonnaise
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1/4 tsp. sea salt
Pinch Cayenne pepper

Whisk together the ingredients for the mustard sauce and let it sit until it thickens. Cut the tofu into crouton size cubes. Heat the oil over medium high heat in a sauté pan. Add tofu and fry until sides are evenly browned. Sauté bell peppers and onions adding salt and black pepper to taste.

Comments

  1. I love the browned, flavorful taste of tofu when it is cooked this way. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts