Three Bean Salad

3Bean salad is a salad that I wanted to try for a long time. Whole Foods Market has the recipe on its website. The only problem that I had with this recipe is that I did not have the same ingredients in my cupboard that is listed on Whole Foods Market website . So once again I had to come up with my very own version of the three bean salad and here it goes: Hope you like it!!!!

Ingredients:
Can Black Beans, rinsed
Can Soy Beans, rinsed
Fresh Green Beans, steamed and cut into pieces
1 cup Cracked wheat or Bulgur
My favorite EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Salt & Black pepper to taste

Rinse the bulgur. Boil water and pour over the cracked wheat, cover and let stand for about 20 minutes until wheat is tender and water is absorbed. Begin adding the bulgur, steamed green beans, black beans, soybeans, dressing or EVOO, salt and black pepper into a large bowl and toss very well. You can serve it chilled or at room temperature. I like it at room temperature. Very good salad!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts