Someone’s Trash is Another Person’s Treasure



You can find a number of cute or antique items for friends, family and even yourself at an auction. If no one is looking at what you are looking at than it’s kinda a win-win situation. On Sunday, I got a pretty good gift. I won The Bon Appetit cookbook by Barbara Fairchild. The book was almost brand new. No rips, torn pages or inside note-taking. The outside cover was a beautiful orange. I could not resist leaving this book on the auction table. And I love reading their magazine articles about fine cuisine, so I had to bid.

Winning this was such a delight. I was so impressed with the breadth and depth of the book. I could not put it down because of the many interesting recipes. The set-up is great to follow and the recipes are well written. I was impressed that the recipes are easy and simple to follow too. And guys, That is what I like!!! I love cooking great and quick things on Fridays. And this cookbook will help me do that. I also love that the book gives you some helpful tips for cutting a  pineapple, dicing an onion, the differences between bake and broil, and etc. This was a good find and I am glad I was the only one bidding on this. You can’t beat $2.00.

Oh, I forgot to add that inside the book you can subscribe to the magazine for a year for FREE!!!!
So I guess I got 2 gifts in one…..Someone’s Trash is Another Person’s Treasure


Make Fridays A Little More Special Than Normal!!

Comments

Popular Posts