Shrimp Stir-Fry with Super Easy Sauce

stirfry

I love stir-fry and I love that you can basically add anything to it. You can add veggies, shrimp, pork, beef, rice or whatever you may have in your  refrigerator you may want to get rid of. And I love that it's a dish that you can cook in minutes, Love, Love, Love it, especially when I have had a long work day and I am looking for something quick to put on the dinner table. The sauce is super easy to make too. If you are like me making a quick sauce that's super good is all I need to complete my long day. 

Ingredients:
Carrots, chopped
Broccoli Florets
Cabbage, chopped
Green Beans
Red Bell Peppers
Jalapeno Pepper with seeds
Scallions, chopped
Cashews
Ginger, Diced
Red Cabbage
Fresh Shrimp, deveined 
1 tbs. butter
1 tbs. olive oil

Stir-Fry each chopped veggie separately.  I like to stir-fry my cabbage with my garlic, butter, olive oil, jalapeno and its seeds and ginger together. It gives the cabbage great flavor. After veggies are stir-fried. Add the sauce and the cashews and mix well. Time to Serve.

Super Easy Sauce:
1/3 cup vegetable broth
2 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
2 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil
1 tbs. lime juice
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. honey
1 1/3 tsp. arrowroot
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
15 drops of dark sesame oil

I like to cook my shrimp with the sauce. So the shrimp can soak up some of that sauce.

When sauce begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium low and add the garlic and arrowroot.  Adjust flavor if you have to. Sauce should have a salty, spicy, sour and sweet taste.

ps: This recipe made it to Foodbuzz Today's Top 9 (September 6, 2010)

Make Fridays A Little More Special Than Normal!!


Comments

  1. That looks fantastic. Love the flavor combo. Thanks!! Kate @ kateiscooking

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely picture & I agree - stir fry's are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! i love a good stir fry. this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts